Full-Screen Browser for "Apple" Certified Exam/CertBrowser
March 25, 2008
Masayuki Nii / firstname.lastname@example.org
"CertBrowser" is full-screen web browser, and it's especially for taking Apple Certified Exams. So this browser is restricted to change to other applications, exam takers can concentrate questions and answers. "CertBrowser" will be used for taking exams at Apple Authorized Training Centers(AATCs).
- CertBrowser(v0.1) will work for Mac OS X v10.4 or later. I don't check on Mac OS X Tiger.
- CertBrowser Application is the archive of application. The name of application will be "Certified Exam" in English, and "”F’èŽŽŒ±" in Japanese. Please move to appropriate folder such a "/Applications" after downloading and extracting.
- CertBrowser Project for Xcode 3. I developed on Xcode 3.1 beta.
- All materials from this page are is provided "as is" without any guarantee of warranty. Please use within your own risk. I have copyright for them but I won't ask you to pay any kind of license fee. Your advices and modifications are welcome.
How CertBrowser work
- Just after launching CertBrowser, it will connect "http://certifications.apple.com".
- CertBrowser works mostly same as normal browser without below:
- No menu bars, no Dock, no other application windows.
- Command+Q is for quitting but the alert window will be shown. The user must response the non-default button to quit.
- Command+B is for moving to backward page.
- Command+R is for reloading current page.
- Command+P is for printing current page but the layout of page isn't fit to any paper.
- The link with new window works but the contents of new page is loaded on current window. It works just a single window application.
- Command+Tab doesn't work. Command+option+esc doesn't work.
- If you want to change the first page of CertBrowser, type Command+,(comma) and change the url. After that you have to relaunch CertBrowser.
v0.1 - March 25, 2008
- I'm sorry CertBrowser doesn't have an application icon. I hope anyone designs it.
I wish you can pass the exam. Good luck!